The lemon juice and baking soda acne cure
Acne development, whether on your body or face is rather frustrating for anyone who encounter the problem. Anyone can try baking soda for acne before using commercial products. Baking soda is an inexpensive and effective remedy for acne, acne scars and is used for exfoliation too.
How do you get acne in the first place? Well, acne occurs when skin cells clump together with a growth of bacteria that causes a pimple that swells. Acne can be extremely uncomfortable and cause cosmetic concerns. The market is full of products that promise elimination of acne problems. However, which product is the right one? An influx of commercials promising a solution to acne problems has invaded our space. The Internet as well as TV ads to all of the confusion. Most of these treatments are expensive, but don’t deliver the expected results. However, baking soda is one of the most effective and inexpensive remedies for treating acne. Baking soda is pure sodium bicarbonate. Apart from its obvious use in baking, baking soda also has antifungal and exfoliation properties as well as being an antiseptic. Therefore, before spending money on commercial products, acne sufferers should consider its acne healing properties. This article aims to educate you on how to use baking soda to cure acne and why you should choose it over other products.
Using Baking Soda for Acne and the Spots they can leave
In using baking soda as a cure for acne, clearing spots or for exfoliation is rather easy. Just follow the directions below and you should see some dramatic results in your acne, by using this baking soda regimen.
1. The steps used to cure your acne – First mix the baking soda with clean water to create a soft paste that resembles toothpaste. This can be applied on the face and left for 15 minutes. The paste should be rubbed all over the face in circular, soft motions. This helps unplug pores, clear dead skin and destroy acne-causing bacteria. The paste should be applied to the affected area and left for 2 – 3 minutes before rinsing with water. This method and application should be used at least once a week.
2. Clearing up the spots – Baking soda can also be used to clear up the spots that occur after the acne disappears. The scars can be minimized by applying the baking soda paste as follows: One tablespoon of baking powder to three tablespoons of water. The paste can be applied and left overnight and washed off in the morning with lukewarm water. This dries the oil trapped in the skin and prevents the marks a dried pimple might cause.
3. Exfoliation – Baking soda has excellent exfoliation properties. Smooth, acne-free skin can be attained by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda with a facial cleanser. Massage the mixture softly into the skin for approximately 5 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. This inexpensive, effective, home remedy excoriates and removes dead skin and produces a, glowing, fresh-looking skin you will be proud of.
4. Why Use Baking Soda?
Many users wonder whether there are any benefits of using baking soda for acne-relief, over a commercial product! Baking soda is used because it is effective and less expensive than most commercial products. An application of baking soda opens the skin pores and eliminates the top layer of the skin that contains oily secretions, dead skin cells and dust, thereby inhibiting the formation of acne. Baking soda is a safe product to use and therefore, does not cause any known side effects. Unlike commercial products, baking soda used for acne, can be used regularly without any itching or scarring or long-term damages to the skin.
For more inexpensive acne fighting methods and ideas see the Lemon Juice Acne page.
Below you will find some information regarding how Lemon Juice can clear up your Acne and Acne Scars. An Inexpensive treatment that works. Make sure you watch the Video below. It will help you with this problem.
Does Lemon Juice Help Acne – Find The Real Truth Here
Does lemon juice help acne? A simple answer to that question is “Yes”, it does help in clearing up acne. Lemon juice acne treatment is quite popular as it is an extremely cheap remedy. Lemons contain a natural acid called L-ascorbic acid. Acne is caused by bacteria that thrive in the small pores of the skin. When you apply on these pores, the acid will begin to break down and kill the bacteria that are causing the acne.
The result will be cleaner pores and reduced acne severity. Lemon juice remedy is so popular that most of the popular over the counter acne treatments actually have L-ascorbic acid as an ingredient in them. It will usually take a few days for lemon juice acne marks to subside with constant application.
How to use the lemon juice acne treatment?
Now that you have got the answer to the question “does lemon juice help acne”, you should also know how to apply to get the results that you desire. This is a very simple procedure. All you have to do is this:
Wash your face with a good antibacterial soap.
Squeeze a lemon onto a bowl and then use a cotton ball to soak up the juice.
Apply a thin by consistent spread all over your face. It will begin to dry after a while.
Once it is dry, try to leave it on for the night.
Once you wake up the next day, rinse your face without using soap.
To get the best results, this procedure will need to be carried out for a few days. You can even wear this thin mask under make up if you want to. Generally, it will be a good practice to apply the solution to the entire face and not just the problem areas. This is because lemon juice can have a mild skin lightening effect and applying it on only certain areas will leave your skin a little brighter in spots.
Will lemon juice acne remedy work for everyone?
For some people, it might cause a bit of a burning sensation. This will be very bearable in most cases. If it is however too much to deal with, you can simply add just a little bit of water to dilute the lemon juice before applying it on the face. If you however experience a strong burning sensation every time you apply, it is best that you consider alternative methods as you might be allergic to lemon juice. [Read more]
Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice Acne Cure
Freshly squeezed lemon juice advances skin health plus the skins natural ability to regenerate,supplying you with an even more attractive looking skin. These qualities transform your body’s capacity to defend itself against bacteria and infections that create acne and also other skin disorders. Lemon acne cure makes every one of these possible by removing the dead skin cells to expose smoother and attractive skin, accelerating further progression of new skin cells appearance, and increase skin elasticity.
To try out its healing ability, there are two suggested types of application: topical application and drinking the juice.
With regards to topical treatments for acne, start off by cleansing your face first. Then, squeeze a little fresh lemon juice in a bowl. use a cotton ball and soak it into the juice til you have enough liquid to apply onto the acne. You can easlily dab the cotton directly onto your skin. If you have highly sensitive skin, then experts suggest diluting it with water first to protect yourself from irritation or burning. After using the lemon juice on the skin, leave it on for around 10 minutes or ideally overnight for a highly effective acne-fighting action. Follow this natural treatment procedure for around fourteen days to see results.
You can even drink lemon juice being a natural treatment for internal cleansing and also to allow your body to absorb essential
vitamins and nutrients. Prepare some freshly squeezed freshly squeezed lemon juice and add it into 2 cups of water. You can pick either prepare warm or cold freshly squeezed lemon juice. Drink this mixture twice a day for at least a couple weeks for a successful acne treatment. For better ends in using fresh lemon juice for being an acne cure, you can combine both methods. [Read more]
PRODUCTS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU…
Lemon Juice= Acne Cure? – [QUESTION] Lemon Juice= Acne Cure? – Asked on 2009-04-26
[Question] – I have been using proactiv for months and months, and finally most of my pimples are gone. I just got like 5 on each cheak but I got red marks now all over from the acne. So I’ve been looking for a way to get rid of these scars and came across the lemon juice cure supposoly you just put lemon juice wear the scars are and it clears it up. Does anyone know if this really works? How much do you put on your face? So I drink it too? So I stop using proactiv if I start using lemon juice?
[Answer 1] – Lemon juice is a natural disinfectant that can be used as a cleaning product to kill bacteria. If you put it on your skin you’ll find that the scar and the skin around it will be pulled tighter together, making the scar seem less noticeable and smaller. I wouldn’t drink it, but you could find that changing your diet could help make your skin clearer. Caffeine being a big one.
Proactive, I’ve used it. Cleared my pimples up right away, but it’s not a long term treatment. Eventually my acne, even though it’s mild, started to adapt as I would see it, and eventually Proactive stopped working all together.
The key to getting rid of pimples is drying them out. I use Clerisal cream for this, but use a lotion before to guarantee minimal damage.
Bottled or the actual lemon, both are just pure lemon juice. I suppose that the actual lemon would be more purer, coming straight from the source and being fresher, but either way it wouldn’t make that much of a difference, if at all. [Source]
Lemon Juice vs acne ?
[QUESTION] Lemon Juice vs acne ? – Asked on 2013-02-11
[Question] – i have normal teenage acne stuff so i have some small acne scars and hyper-pigmentation or redness on the mustache zone and chin. i heard lemon juice with or without honey helps.
How do i apply it on the skin, how much water should i use in mixing and when to apply honey, and after using it should i use a moisturizer because my skin is oily or the honey is a moisturizer itself ?
[Answer 1] – Hi Mike!
I am a skincare expert and two things before I give you some tips on how to help with your skin situation. 1) DON’T apply rubbing alcohol to your skin as Crystal has advised. Yes it will minimize oil but not in a good way! It will strip your skin of needed oil in addition to removing bad oil. It is really bad for your skin and will cause intense overdrying, causing your skin to become even more oily to make up for the dryness. 2) Lemon juice IS good for your skin! It’s a natural astringent and will not harm your skin. Ok, so here are some tips from me :)
1) Organic fresh lemon juice squeezed from a lemon is AMAZING for your skin. It will even out your skin tone while balancing the pH levels of your skin, reducing bad oils in a safe way! It will also fight acne. You can either squeeze some lemon juice into a bowl and use a cotton ball to apply it on your clean skin and leave it on for a few minutes then rinse off. You can also mix some pure raw honey (about 3 tablespoons) with a few squeezes of lemon juice and apply to your skin as a face mask, avoiding the eye area. Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes then rinse off with warm water and a gentle cleanser (if warm water doesn’t remove the stickyness!) Honey is amazing for your skin because it’s antimicrobial and antibacterial so it will gently remove impurities from your pores without causing breakouts. Also, check out Acne Skin Site for more amazing tips and other face masks to try.
2) You definitely want to use a moisturizer after following one of these two treatments, but make it oil-free. Oil-free moisturizer will balance your oil in your skin so it won’t make you more oily.
Good luck and enjoy! [Source]
Get Rid Of Acne, Blackheads And Acne Scaring With A LEMON!
Okay, so this is another easy one. Take a lemon, cut it in half, then into quarters. Take a quarter and rub the flesh (not the skin) on your problem areas. I…